The goal of these full day workshops is to equip school nurses with the knowledge and skills to be a successful school health services support for students and the larger school community. Participants will engage in a variety of activities related to content around the whole child, Oregon-specific issues, possible health services challenges and solutions. The hope is that participants leave feeling comfortable and confident in their role as a support to the health and academic achievement of youth in Oregon.
The training is free; however, travel costs are not reimbursed and lunch is not provided. Registration is limited to 25 participants, with priority given to new school nurses.
After the training, new school nurses will be able to…
- Understand the Coordinated School Health and Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child Model and how health services plays a role in it;
- Become familiar with ODEs role in supporting school nurses within their school districts;
- Understand school nursing within the state of Oregon;
- Become familiar with the school policies and procedures most utilized/essential in day to day school nursing;
- Practice real- life scenarios to increase confidence and comfort in school nursing situations; and
- Participate in activities that help support real challenges of school nurses.
October 11, 2019